Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Allstar Weekend -- stars for sure


I can honestly say that the band Allstar Weekend is my absolute favorite.

If you haven't heard of them before, which a lot of Canadians haven't, they are a four member boy band who recently were signed to Disney/Hollywood records after competing in Radio Disney's N.B.T (next big thing).

San Diego residents, Zach Porter, Cameron Quiseng, Michael Martinez, and Nathan Darmody started off as the band Allstar, named after the Smash Mouth hit "Allstar".

From county fairs, and random stage shows, the San Diego natives were discovered by a Disney representative while handing out flyer's outside the Jonas Brother 3D movie.

Lucky guys? I think so! Soon after, they found out they would be competing on Radio Disney against other music hopefuls to become Radio Disney's Next Big Thing.

A year later the band is releasing their first album "Suddenly" and is going on a summer tour touching every major U.S state and major cities in Canada.

Look for Allstar Weekend at a state or city near you.


Opinion:

Why do I like them so much? Well that's a great question isn't it?

They are multicultural! I love it!

What most girls like about boy bands is their good looks, good looks, and.. good looks.

This band is more than good looks, they have catchy fun electro/pop music, and they are real.

What I mean by REAL is:

After every show they go out and meet their fans, sign posters/pictures, they do live chats on Ustream answering fan question and saying shout outs (I got a shout out today, Zach said "Hey Alyssia in Vancouver"), and are just really involved with their fans.

I haven't got the chance to see them live yet, but if they come here I'll definitely have a ticket to their show.

I would love to get the chance to meet them and interview them for my blog and hopefully that day and chance will come.

My Favorite Song Picks: Journey to the end of my life, Different side of me, Dance forever, Here with you.


No comments:

Post a Comment