Monday, November 9, 2009

"B.C. police investigate attempt to auction flu vaccine"

"B.C. police investigate attempt to auction flu vaccine"
Source: The Vancouver Sun Online

B.C. police are investigating a possible attempt to auction off a H1N1 vile on an advertisement.
It has said to be a registered nurse who put up the the ad auctioning off the vaccinations.
"Hello, I am a nurse with an extra vial of the H1N1 vaccine. One vial will do 10 shots. I am willing to administer these shots to the highest bidder," stated the ad.
A nationwide shortage of the vaccination has caused long line ups giving pregnant women and children the priority to get them first. A serious investigation has been launched as this is considered theft. However, B.C. police do not know what kind of charges will be pressed when the culprit is found.

What I learned from this article is that people are so afraid of this flu that they will bid on the vaccine instead of waiting for their turns to get it. It shows how afraid society is today. I think that bidding on the vaccination is wrong in many ways. Why should people have to pay to get the vaccination when the health clinics will be giving them out for free. This is not America. Another reason I find this wrong is that nobody knows if this was a scam or if the vaccination was even legit.

I enjoyed how the journalist used an inverted pyramid and then got right into the story. They stated what the advertisement said on it and then gave the rest of the story. I found this story very interesting. The journalist pulled me in with the lead which made me want to continue reading it.

No comments:

Post a Comment