Monday, October 12, 2009

"3D TV coming soon to a living room near you"

"3D TV coming soon to a living room near you"
Source: CTV News

3D movies are now the "new" way to watch movies in theaters across the country. Why not expand and have that right in the privacy of your own living room. Major Television companies are creating 3D televisions with the hopes of viewers feeling like they are inside what they are watching. In 2010, Mitsubishi, who already has a "3-D ready TV", Sony, and Panasonic are planning to release this new invention, which would cost at least $5,000. It would take many years for regular television to transition into 3D, as many people right now haven't gotten into digital yet. A great invention is coming and it will be interesting to see how it works out.


What I learned from this story is that technology is affecting our lives drastically. Companies keep inventing new things right after each other. First we have black and white televisions, then colour, then regular cable turns to digital, and now the creation of a 3D television set. I find this quite interesting as a lot of people get sick and nauseous while watching 3D movies. This could be quite an interesting invention but I predict it not being a success.


The way the journalist wrote this story was quick. I found it didn't have much information on what they were doing with the 3D televisions, and what kind of programs would work on them. I got the impression that only 3D movies would work on them such as "Monsters vs. Aliens", and "Cloudy With A Chance Of Meatballs, " and there would be no point in buying a $5,000 dollar television set just to watch movies. The journalist also used a lot of quotes rather than information which was great but I wanted more information about the product.

1 comment:

  1. Ok, I'm going to try another comment. I remember reading a similar story a few days ago, and I thought to myself, "this invention might be pretty interesting toy". But now, finding out it will cost $5000, I'm changing my mind. How ridiculous an idea this is. And as for the transition of tv shows to 3D, hopefully it never happens.

    ReplyDelete